Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Pink Palace Arts & Crafts Fair: October 9, 2011

The event featured many artists from across the U.S. There were two artists that stood out to me in the whole exhibition. The first one was an older man, William J. Logan. He does portraits and paintings. While I was looking at his work, he was actually working on a portrait of a little girl using pastels on paper. It looked really neat how he would incorporate different hues, like blues and purples so the little girl's face. It came out really nice too. The second artist that really caught my attention was a lady that worked with glass. She gave a demonstration of her work, and I found it very interesting because it involved the use of heat to melt the glass and give it shapes. She made a pendant for a lady, but the price was kind of expensive. I think all of the artists that were at the fair were very talented, and I bought the figurine above  :) It was from a couple that lives around the mid-south. They had tons of different little figurines.

No comments:

Post a Comment